Importance of Water Filtration Systems
Inarguably water is the most frequently used material in the entire foodservice industry. Whether it is for cooking or cleaning, water quality has a direct and significant influence on the quality of food products and the level of hygiene. For most places, tap water has gone through the process of chlorination that aims to kill certain bacteria and microbes. Yet its quality is subject to a few external factors such as pipe maintenance and weather events. Having a reliable water filtration system in Hong Kong is the best measure to guard against using unsatisfactory water during food production and cleaning.
3M Water Filter Design
3M is an internationally renowned brand that offers professional water filtration systems and services to commercial food services providers in Hong Kong and abroad. The 3M water filter cartridge is known for its patented “IMPACT” technology that filtered water first through a pleated media and then through a pre-activated carbon block. Models with different micron ratings from 0.2 to 3.0 are available for either standard water conditions or high turbidity water. The whole process clears sediments and over 99.99% of water-borne bacteria; and the last stage is specifically designed to reduce chlorine taste and odor in water. Yet this multi-stage process does not mean a compromise with water pressure and flow rates, which can still be as strong as from 5.7 to 18.9 liter per minute. The water filter cartridge changing procedure is made easy that even un-skilled staff could perform. No worries for either improper changes or costly services by professionals anymore!
The water filter cartridges are particularly made for drinking fountains and ingredient water for food services and consumer goods industry. Its filter is capable of performing multi-functions, for example, reducing sediments, chemicals and chloramines; removing odours and bad tastes; and keeping water pressure at a good level of 2.5 gallons per minute. Compared with conventional filters, the ultra-high porosity carbon with micro-structure technology has a 40 times more dirt holding capacity and a 30 times more chloramines reduction capacity. Its modular design also saves more than a half of the installation time. Choosing a high-quality water filter helps to keep the food quality and hygiene always at a top level, and makes your job easier too.
3M Water Filtration System Models We Offer in Hong Kong
The two primary commercial water filters provided by 3M in HK currently are the BEV and the FF series.
- 3M Aqua-Pure FF Series: The 3MFF100 and 3MFF101 models in the Aqua-Pure FF line of water filtration systems in HK have a capacity of 6,000 gallons, which is three times that of first-generation water filters. It is best suited for drinking fountains and for fitting under the sink. It does not require any additional faucets. With a tested flow rate of 2.5 gallons/minute, it does not slow down the flow of your existing faucet either. It not only reduces the taste of chlorine and its odour, but filters particulate, benzene, lead and p-Dichlorobenzene from the water. Another benefit of this water filter is that it requires minimum installation space and has an easy cartridge change-out mechanism that can be easily changed at home without calling in a professional. It has a built-in shut off valve which shuts out water when the filter is changed.
- 3M BEV Commercial Water Filtration System: The BEV water filter models are tailor-made for the food and beverage industry operations in Hong Kong. They can be helpful in increasing business profitability as they enhance the taste of water by reducing chlorine and sediment. They are also useful for adding into ice machines, hot drink and coffee machines, and many others. The applications are far and wide. A single cartridge in this type of water filter can fulfil the job of around 3 to 4 traditional cartridges. It significantly reduces chlorine taste and odour in the water, which if not removed can result in unpleasant tasting beverages. It also has a polycarbonate block which does not let any carbon fine sediment filter through, thereby preventing beverages from becoming murky and unappealing. There are several different models in the BEV line-
- BEV120 Series Valve-in-Head Filter System- It is useful for commercial ice cube machines up to 100lbs. It has a filtration capacity of 9,000 gallons and reduces the number of sediments, chlorine, odour and Cryptosporidium Parvum cysts in water.
- BEV130 Series Valve-in-Head Filter System- It is useful for single carbonator dispensers and commercial ice cube machines (200lbs). It has a filtration capacity of 14,000 gallons and reduces the number of sediments, chlorine, odour and Cryptosporidium Parvum cysts in water.
- BEV140 Series Valve-in-Head Water Filter- It is useful for single high-flow carbonator dispensers and for commercial ice cube machines (400lbs). It has a filtration capacity of 25,000 gallons and reduces the number of bacteria, sediments, chlorine, odour and Cryptosporidium Parvum cysts in water.
- BEV160 Series Filter System with Shut-off Valve- It is useful for dual carbonator dispensers and for commercial ice cube machines (800lbs). It has a filtration capacity of 35,000 gallons and reduces the number of sediments, bacteria, chlorine, odour and Cryptosporidium Parvum cysts in water.
- BEV190 Series Filter System with Shut-off Valve- It is useful for carbonators and dispensers which demand a flow rate of 5 gallons per minute. It has a filtration capacity of 54,000 gallons and reduces the number of bacteria, sediments, chlorine, odour and Cryptosporidium Parvum cysts in water.
- BEV390 Series Water Filter with Shut-off Valve- It is most useful for combination applications that include multiple operations like that of making tea, coffee, ice, beverage and post mix. It has a filtration capacity of 162,000 gallons and reduces the number of bacteria, sediments, chlorine, odour and Cryptosporidium Parvum cysts in water.